Most of our work is conducted at the Advanced Facility for Avian Research at Western University. This world-class facility is equipped with:
1. The only hypobaric climatic wind tunnel in the world
2. Laboratory facilities for molecular techniques in genetics, endocrinology, neurobiology, and biochemical physiology
3. Acoustic chambers that allow the birds to focus on operant tasks without distractions
4. Environmental chambers that can be set to varying temperatures
5. Various room types to satisfy the needs of all the species being housed at AFAR!